Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Gone realization (missed fish)

I had it earlier; it materialized itself before me as I walked through a plaza. It made perfect sense, and it made me feel good. I marveled at its existence, its tangibility, its usefulness, and at its emerging seemingly out of nowhere. To ensure its accessibility, I pledged to write it down as soon

 as I had time. “There is no way that I'll forget a realization this good,” I said to convince myself that there was no need to stop, get my notebook out, and write it down.
But as it often happens, time passed and I lost my precious realization. Seconds stole a small portion of it, minutes took bigger chunks, and hours devoured the rest until I retained only the faint memory that earlier I had a sweet, delicious, satisfying realization, the essence of which I simply could not bring back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment